03 October 2010

SPANISH PIES PART ONE



Ooh, Spanish Pies! A few months ago I was checking out a whole series of compilations called 'Spanish Bizarro'. They are full of wild Spanish obscurities, pop hits and 60's/70's sonic ephemera. So after overdosing on the stuff for an afternoon I decided to bang a quick mix together. This mix is also a kind of continuation of the 'I Like Short Songs' mix theme. There'll be more of those in the future (I still have a Piero Umiliani one that I haven't uploaded yet).

Anyway, back to the pies. It a schizoid mélange (mezcla perhaps?) groovy beats, flamenco pop, adverts, latin vocal histrionics and burping. Oh yes, there's one hell of a burping song. I shared my findings with Memo and he quickly produced a Spanish Pies Part Two - following a smother and sexier path through the Iberian bizarreness. You can check his mix out on his MEMOGRAMMAFON blog.

320 kbps




1 comment:

Dj Malungo said...

hey dude, i can't download the the volume 1, the links is broken. :-(
could you please re-up?!

GRACIAS!