30 October 2009

THE HELDON MIXES



Ah, the mighty Heldon! Fresh from my Human League post a couple of days ago I got the urge to follow it up quickly. So here we have a C90's worth of Heldon action. If you don't know Heldon then I'm not going to fill you in with too much detail. Suffice to say this is seriously heavyweight French prog/RIO music - in turn harsh, cold, abstract, cosmic and intense but always utterly beguiling. I hope I haven't undermined these qualities by botching together these mixes from their varied LPs. Both the mixes are self-contained but intended to flow one after the other for a 95 minute Heldon-megablast! Go on you buggers, see what you think...

HELDON MIX I - 47:52

ZIND
PERSPECTIVE II
PERSPECTIVE III
COCAINE BLUES
MECHAMMENT ROCK
ELEPHANTA
MOEBIUS
VIRGIN SWEDISH BLUES
BACK TO HELDON
ICS MACHINIQUE
BALLADE POUR PUIG ANTICH
UNE DROLE DE JOURNEE
LE FILS DES SOUCOUPES VOLANTES (VERTES)
MVC II
BAL-A-FOU

HELDON MIX II - 46:52

IN THE WAKE OF KING FRIPP
ZIND DESTRUCTION
BASSONG
OUAIS MARCHAIS MIEUX QU'EN 68 (LE VOYAGEUR)
DR. BLOODMONEY
PERSPECTIVE IV
OMAR DIOP BLONDIN
NORTHERNLAND LADY
LES SOUCOUPES VOLANTES VERTES
STAND BY

320 kbps.

HELDON I
HELDON II

more Heldon linkage...

INTERFACE (WHAT A SLEEVE)
UN REVE SANS CONSEQUENCE SPECIALE
IT'S ALWAYS ROCK AND ROLL

No comments: