28 October 2009

THE HUMAN LEAGUE MIX



There's been a bit of a Human League thing going down in my corner of Bethnal Towers recently. I think it started when we were playing 'Black Hit of Space' while testing out K-Dog's 'new-old' amp and speaker combo at his place in Aalst a couple of weeks back. To my mild surprise, my girlfriend (hey zoeteke!) was digging it. So I thought a Human League compilation for her would be in order. The compilation covers the first four albums and I think offers a pretty good selection. However, there's an absence of most of the weird and wonderful instrumental stuff and early works so I thought I'd have a bit of fun with it and generate a new blog post in the process.

By the way, thanks to those of you who've downloaded mixes so far. No one's downloaded the Raj & Rolex album yet though. Go on, don't be shy, give it a try!

THE HUMAN LEAGUE - A POLLE VAN DE GASH MIX
21 tracks, running time 43:31.

BUDDHA'S WAITING

3 comments:

xxxsusiepopsiexxx!!! said...

mmmm...you!!

memo said...

nice work! very much a best of the league sans the pop stuff (not that there's anything wrong with that). the first four albums are obviously the ones that take the cake.
thoroughly enjoyed it!

Steve Lissenden said...

Nicely done - takes me back to the days of Travelogue.