18 January 2012

DENTON & COOK - HONG KONG BEAT & OTHER BBC TV THEMES LP (1980)



I've been recording a few vinyl items recently and here's the first one to make it's way to the blog. After a few attempts, I finally managed to track down a copy of this LP for a very good price last year.

The LP contains 12 tracks; six BBC TV themes that were all released as singles between 1975-80 and their respective b-sides. Highlights include the supreme spy-funk of 'Quiller' from '75, the 1980 proto-techno update of the 'Tomorrow's World' theme and the glorious shuffling groove of 'The Great Egg Race'.

As a (hopefully) nice little bonus I have also included a couple of extra extended edits with the LP. 'The Great Egg Race' by myself and a great 7+ minute extended version of 'Quiller' by Soundhog. I grabbed it from his Soundcloud page so I hope he doesn't mind!

1 Hong Kong Beat
2 Tomorrow's World
3 Jet Lag
4 The Spangler
5 Quiller
6 Inside Story
7 The Great Egg Race
8 Diamonds In The Sky
9 General Direction
10 Circuit Eleven-Miami
11 Chasing The Dragon
12 Scramble
+
13 The Great Egg Race (PVDG Extended Version)
14 Quiller (Soundhog Extended Edit)